Monday, January 24, 2011

Why hello there!

Ever been in a work slump, when you look at the clock obsessively and wonder when a minute became so long? Well, that is me. Constantly marking my days with useless online activity: celebrity gossip, CNN news reading, online window shopping, way too much Facebooking, job searching, annoying my friends on G-Chat and the like. I figured I should put myself to good use and start a blog! One more thing to help the day go by and help me with my boredom. I guess this is more for my own amusement than for anyone in particular, but then again... who cares.

I have high hopes for 2011, despite being BoredAtWork. It is my first year being married, to a wonderful husband who is never bored at work, by the way. We have a new puppy, Betty Davis Sears, who is the cutest thing in the entire world, if I may say so myself. And I thankfully started off this year 10 lbs lighter than the last (yippeee)! Yet despite all these wonderful things, I have absolutely nothing to do at work...literally nothing. I mean I guess I should be thankful for a job, but is there anything worse than having to sit in an uncomfortable chair all day, pretending to be doing something important? I really don't think there is.... At least if I was home I could be playing with Betty!!

Anyways, enough about that. I figured I could use my time to post some interesting things I find while trolling the Internet throughout the day for all of you who are also bored at work, or taking a little break from the grind. Also, be prepared for gratuitous Betty pictures, random thoughts, restaurant suggestions, recipes, rants and the like. 

Can't wait to start blogging!!! Enjoy :)

Lauren (Davis) Sears

1 comment: