Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christian Dior - I love thee

My friend Maggie just sent me the link to the Spring 2011 collection for Christian Dior that he just debuted in Paris. My heart skipped a beat, these clothes are absolutely stunning. I love the retro throwback, whimsical look of these clothes. They remind me of a modern Grace Kelly. John Galliano is a genius. How amazing to get to wear one of these concoctions? One can dream...

Check out the collection here:
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2011CTR-CDIOR
# 22 and 25 are my favorites. Which one do you love?

Part of me wishes that women still dressed like this, as I sit here in tourers and an over-sized black sweater at my desk . I was flipping through some old pictures & clothes of my grandmother's recently and I so admired how she dressed. I loved the pencil skirts, silk blouses, crop jackets, kid gloves and matching hats. She took so much pride in her clothes and how she looked. I am lucky if I straighten my hair once a week and put on eye liner. I guess I should start to care more, but it is nice to be able to throw on comfy jeans and a fleece and have no one think twice about it. But I still do love dressing up every once and a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment