Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hangovers and such

I started my first job in New York at an ad agency in 2006. It took a few months to find a job moving up there with no connections from Texas. My friends and I became very good at going out late at night and looking for jobs during the day. We continued our late nights on Thursdays even when we started working. I remember showing up to work feeling like DEATH. I have notoriously bad hangovers, and was always looking for a good cure, or a good place to sleep it off. Fridays sucked.

My boss shared with me her cure, a real Coke (no diet here) and a bagel with butter. Carbs helped the queasiness and the caffeine and bubbles helped the headache. One of my friends, who shall remain nameless, used to take naps in the one-stall bathroom at her first job. Not all of us had that luxury :)

This article about "quite space" at the NY Times headquarters covers both of these things. I think that hangover cute sounds disgusting though, but love the sleep it off room idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment