Friday, January 28, 2011

Restaurant Review - Nonna

I went to Nonna last Friday night with the hubby and some friends. I had been dying to go here for a while as I heard it was really authentic Italian food. I really enjoyed it, but we were surprised by how expensive our meal was! We loved everything we ordered, but be prepared for when that check comes!

A few highlights:
Grilled heart of romaine with roasted pancetta, avocado and shaved parmigiano. Yum, this was really interesting and good. I think this would be pretty simple to replicate at home but grilling a head of romaine on a grill pan or even outside, if you have the patience.

Agnolotti of braised rabbit with sugo and black trumpet mushrooms. I was expecting this to be in a heavy meat sauce but it was surprisingly light. The pasta was perfect and tasted homemade.


Sticky toffee pudding. Um hello heaven? This is so amazing. I forgot how much I love toffee flavored things (Skor bars for example).

For wine, we ordered the Rosso di Montalcino, Campo Giovanni, San Felice ’08. I really enjoyed this as it was easy to drink and had some age on it despite the vintage. I actually just googled it and got sick to my stomach as it retails for about $16 and we paid $57. Ugh, that pisses me off.

Anyways, I loved the food but can't get over the wine markup now. I would suggest this place for an intimate dinner for 2 or 4 people, or for a special occasion.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment