Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sundance!

So I am headed to Park City, UT on Wednesday with the hubby and friends to ski, and also for Sundance. I think that sounds pretty cool to say, I am going to Sundance!

I am excited to start packing tonight as well. I think my look will be cute tights, boots and sweater dresses all wrapped up in my poofy jacket. Snow bunny chic? Or more snow bunny comfy.

I also did a bad thing and sprung for my own ski boots this year. Every year I get stuck with kid's size boots and I end up in pain, bruised and complaining the whole time (which the hubby really really loves). I figured that the costs of the boots is so worth the peace of mind, not only for myself but for Chris (I am good at justifying purchases).

Two years ago we went skiing in Breckenridge with some of Chris's friends. He is a much better skier than I am, so I definitely had to do some work to catch up. The first couple of days went well well but there was bound to be at least one break down of the trip. Low and behold I took a huge fall and Chris was nowhere to be found, which really pissed me off. I got up, dusted myself off with tears in my eyes and headed down to mountain to find him. He swears he could see steam coming off my head as I pulled up next to him, totally upset that he wasn't here to see me fall - "What if I was seriously hurt, you wouldn't have seen me!!!" I proceeded to call him some bad words, which made us laugh, and so we made up and kept skiing. I am pretty ridiculous, but the fall really did hurt!

I now have a red ski jacket so Chris can see me wherever I am so he can rescue me when I take my inevitable huge fall once a year. For now, I leave you with this lovely picture of us that ski trip. Please note Chris's Colombia jacket circa 1991.

No comments:

Post a Comment