Friday, July 13, 2012

Easy dip for a lazy day

One of my friends gave me a super easy and yummy dip - perfect for a summer day at the lake with friends. Check out the ingredients below. I love to eat this with Tostitos Multigrain Scoops - trust me, you'll need a think chip for this baby.

2 cans corn (I get the low sodium kind)
2 corns black beans (also low sodium)
2 jalapenos, small diced
2 large tomatoes (you can always add more if you like)
A bunch of cilantro (and I forget this a lot, so no big deal)
4-5 limes for their juice
2-3 avocados

Mix the first 6 ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you want to go a bit nuts, add some garlic salt and chili powder for a kick, maybe even some Tobasco.

Let the dip marinate in the fridge without the avocados up to a day - and add the avocados before serving. Voila, all done! Super easy and a great hearty snack to help soak up some Coronas in this hot Texas heat.

PS - if you have leftovers, it's great on chicken or tilapia. Yum yum.

1 comment: