Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bucket List- Yosemite National Park

I love traveling and planning trips - but too often I feel like we don't do enough things that are quintessentially American. Like when is the last time that I visited a national monument or hiked the grand canyon? Um years ago, and never...

So when my parents discussed doing something over July 4th, my Dad and I realized that we had never been to Yosemite! It's one of those bucket list trips that we couldn't wait to take.

I'll share a few of my favorite photos over the next few days, but wanted to share the above of Chris and I from Glacier point - with the view of Half Dome. It was absolutely stunning. We take for granted sometimes all the natural beauty and destinations here in the US. Chris and I were in awe of how beautiful the park was. 

Yosemite is just 4 hours from SFO (see park map below) - and a gorgeous drive not only in the park, but all the way to the park and lodge as well. We had such a great time, and can't wait to go back one day with kids and more family in tow. If you are ever in Northern California in the future for an extended period of time, you should make the trip. It will be well worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment