Monday, March 28, 2011

Restaurant Review - The Park

Chris and I went to Park on Friday for the first time since this restaurant opened over a year ago, and the wait was so long we gave up, several times.

I was surprised to show up at 8:00 to get promptly seated - and noticed many open tables as well. This was concerning, was the food going to be gross? That couldn't have been more wrong!

So  Park recently got a new chef, Garreth Dickey, (a protege of Chef Cassel who moved back to the recently re-opened Green Room), and a whole new menu fit for sharing with your friends.

Our table got one of the flat breads for the table and it was amazing, so I hear, because I am an idiot and gave up cheese for Lent (another post all together). The flat bread was perfectly thin with homemade burrata, pesto and mushrooms.

I stuck to the mussels, although they aren't the same as before but just as good. These are made with a stout beer and served with warm, soft bread. Chris loved his heirloom tomato salad and lamb and pork meatballs (absolutely amazing).

Just as before, the bar features wonderful hand muddled drinks.

I have to say, I kind of like the new Park. I appreciated not having to wait over an hour for a table and never getting it and I thought the menu had more options that appealed to everyone. Definitely worth going back again on a nice Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment