Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Life With Shoes

So I have always loved shoes, always. I think it started when I was about 3 and would play dress up in my mom's closet. She has size 4.5 shoes so they were all so cute, aren't all shoes cuter when small? I remember loving this open toed red sandal and thinking wow, this is amazing, can I get them in my size?

Anyways, my love of shoes progressed when I was introduced to Nordstrom's kids section when I was on a trip to LA with the family in elementary school. I found the red sequin ballet flats, think Dorthy from Wizard of Oz, and I was hooked. It only got worse from there. I think I was the only 5th grader to bring a change of shoes for PE, there was no way that my Nike's would go with my cute GAP and Limited dresses.

Sex in the City is the reason I got introduced to the finer things - Manolo's. They were like candy, all the beautiful colors, textures, sizes. Amazing. I remember getting my first pair of suede kitten heeled Manolo's for my birthday in college - then it was really on.

Now I think my shoe obsession has become a problem. I really don't discriminate, I shop at Target, Bakers, Steve Madden, Endless.com, all the way up to Neimans and obviously still Nordstroms. I feel like I am always looking for the perfect shoe addition to my collection and life.

My wedding shoe was the epitome of my shoe obsession. I wanted my first Louboutin purchase to be monumental and quintessential Lauren. My life turned full circle when I happened in to these lovelies at, you guessed it, Nordstroms. I don't think you can get more perfect than this shoe.

You would think that my shoe obsession would stop after finding that perfect shoe, but oh no, it goes on, it never ends. There is always a cute 5 1/2 shoe waiting out there for me to give it a home, and a cute outfit.

Nordstrom, watch out.

1 comment: