Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yummy Breakfast Casserole

I just realized I never posted the recipe for the breakfast casserole I made when all the girls were in town for St. Pattys, my bad!! I love breakfast casseroles because you can do all the work the day ahead and you just pop it in the oven the morning you want it. Easy as pie :) This recipe was found on BHG.com and modified a bit.

  • 6  cups  frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
  • 1-1/2  cups  shredded Monterey Jack or mexican cheese (I get the Kraft Mexican 4 Cheese blend and do closer to two cups, love my cheese!)
  • 2  cups  diced cooked ham or Canadian-style bacon (This time I did Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage)
  • 1/2  cup  sliced green onions
  • 8    beaten eggs or 2 cups fresh or frozen egg product, thawed
  • 2  12-ounce cans (1-1/2 cups  each) evaporated milk or evaporated skim milk
  • 1/4  teaspoon  salt
  • 1/4  teaspoon  pepper
  • ** I have made this before and added jalapenos, which is awesome. Just make sure you guests are ok with a little bit of heat. 

Directions

1. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole. Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with cheese, meat of your choice, and green onion. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs or egg product, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture in dish.
2. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F. oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until center appears set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 12 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment