Saturday, April 16, 2011

Restaurant Review - Lockhart Smokehouse

We ventured in to Oak Cliff at around 7:30 last night to grab a bite to eat before the much anticipated Rebirth Brass Band show at the Kessler (more to come on that later). Was shocked to find out that at 7:30 (early right?) there was already an hour and a half wait at Bolsa and an hour wait at the new Glorias. So by process of elimination, we ended up at Lockhart.

For fans of the real Lockhart BBQ, this is your place. A sign proudly says, "No forks, No sauce, No Kidding." Um, well ok then.



We ordered by the half pound and tried their Kruez sausage and brisket along with the slaw and potato salad. I was pretty impressed with all we had as I feel like I haven't had the best BBQ in Dallas so far (I miss my Austin BBQ places). The sausage is different, so you need to be a fan of Kreuz (it's a 110 year old recipe). The bbq, hot sauce and house made seasoned salt were all so good I almost forgot how much I like bbq sauce for once!

Another plus is cheap drinks. Check their website for daily deals. I think this would be a great place to kick back on a Saturday afternoon with friends and watch some sports and gorge yourself.

Happy eating!! Don't forget the handy wipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment