Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mmmm Flavored Olive Oil

Chris and I are in Napa for the Easter weekend visiting the parents. One of my first stops to the valley is always St. Helena Olive Oil Company, who has shops right outside of St. Helena and one on the main street as well.

I fell in love with their basil infused olive oil last time, and this time we discovered their garlic olive oil. Oh wow, melt in my mouth, I can't wait to cook with this and also just use it for dipping for some great bread (maybe rosemary sourdough from Eat Z's, perhaps). I stuck to my staples, getting bottles of the regular olive oil, made locally in the valley, basil, garlic and the always amazing jalapeno. The jalapeno is awesome for dipping, Mexican dishes and  on top of eggs of any sort (think Mexican egg scramble).

I picked up some extra bottles for friends and family, although I have a feeling I may be hoarding most of them.

For you out of towners, they do free shipping on orders over $100. The olive oils make wonderful hostess gifts, and would be great for you mothers (or mother-in-laws) as well....Mother's Day is in two weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment