Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Unbroken - A Must Read

I just finished Unbroken - I finally read it after it had been on the best seller list for weeks upon weeks. It is truly a must read. I love historical fiction, but it is really really hard to find a non-fiction book that will keep my interest throughout. It definitely has some harsh parts, but it really didn't bother me. I wasn't as aware of the brutality that the US and other POWs were forced to live in in the Japanese camps. I feel like we skipped over a lot of those harsh realities in my AP History class junior year in highs school.

Anyways, in short, the book is about a man named Louis Zamperini who is an Olympic runner who ends up enlisting in the war and becomes a bombardier. Time after time Louis escapes death through POW camps, and he is still alive at the age of 94. It is rare to hear such an amazing true story as his. I suggest you pick up this book and read it ASAP - you won't be disappointed. So when is the movie coming out?

No comments:

Post a Comment